Sunday, January 24, 2021

10 Year Reading Update

Over the last 10 years I have read 450 books, totaling 150,086 pages. Around 100 were ebooks, 5 were audio books, and 15 were graphic novels. I also read several Japanese Manga books that I didn't track for some reason.


In no particular order some of my favorites were:

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

The Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson

Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis

The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

The Worlds Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne

Legends of the First Empire series by Michael Sullivan

The Kings Justice by Stephen Donaldson

and Radium Girls by Kate Moore.


9 of these books were partial reads, the worst of which were: For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway - I gave up at 250 pages, and War and Peace by Tolstoy - I gave up at 300 pages.

I know I am supposed to like both of these books, but they are awful. But still not as bad as Silas Marner.


So, Happy New Year to everyone! My resolution is to read 600 more books by 2029!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment